October 25, 2014

Floral Arrangement Cards


 
 
 
 I've been a long time fan of all of the beautiful flowers Crate has created over the years.
They're cute and elegant, and I really enjoy playing with them when scrapbooking or card making.
 It was no surprise then when I spotted the many exquisite flowers of various shapes and colors in the Open Road collection.
I fell in love with their 'vintage' feel and amazing tones.
 I couldn't wait to create cards from them in honor of this month's 'Stationery Style' theme.


 
 

 
My first card is soft and clean.
On a white sheet of cardstock, I trimmed and adhered sections of tiny flower patterned paper.
I then hand-trimmed random sized layers of white cardstock and positioned them in the center of the card with small doily pieces.
 Lastly, I added machine stitching and clear rhinestones.
In essence, the card feels pure, rich and romantic.


 

 
 
 
 
 

 
 
For my second card, I used vibrant patterned paper with the addition of Open Road's 'chipboard frames' and scattered sequins, which are super cute!
 I created a flower collage from different sizes and colors of flowers - a technique that is an absolute favorite on mine!
 

 

 
 
 
 


 
 
This time, I wanted to up the contrast by using strong colors and patterns.
I went the route of 'black, bold stripes' and 'orange'.
I extended the black/white theme to the embellishments by accenting Open Road's turquoise rose with a black/white chipboard feather.
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Finally, I decided to make another card using flower patterned paper instead of flower die-cuts.
 I love the cute flowers on this vintage emerald green paper.
 It's fresh and bright–especially the beautiful yellow flowers!
 I went with even more yellow by housing Open Road's large yellow chipboard camera in the center of the card.
Behind it sits a petite transparency window filled with glitter–a kind of camera splash!
 
 

 
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment